Thursday, September 4, 2014

Athiests, Agnostics, Pagans, oh my.

I wonder about lots of things and as I get older I find more things to wonder about.

I wonder why it is ok to sue because you are offended that someone might speak the word "God", but it isn't ok to sue the "Freedom From Religion" foundation because I'm offended they bar me from exercising my 1st Amendment rights.

Why do the minority have more power than the majority in our nation?  Why can athiests insist that we may not practice our religion in their presence?  Why do we permit them to force their "religion" upon those of us who practice organized religion?  Why do we not "protest" and scream and cause civil unrest?

Why do we let the "political correctness" crowd push us around?  I know of few people who take seriously these items of "integrity".  Again, we permit the minority push the majority around.

The people are not going to sit idly by and let these things go much further. 

Here is my thinking of how things work.

Why do we let these things go on?  Because we are more polite than are the "protesters". 

Why do anglos not riot when a black policeman kills a white teen?  May I make an observation?  I believe it is because we are more polite than the protestors and we trust in the system a little more.  I am not racist.  I simply make the observation.

Why do "Right-of-Center" politicians not cause as much trouble as do the "Left of Center" politicians?  Because the more conservative we are the more polite we are.  Again, I simply make the observation that any logical person could make if he/she paused to take note.

Why does the Constitution of the United States mean more to right-leaning citizens than it does to the left?  Because we are convinced that the Constitution was written by men inspired by God.  The framers knew it.  And now over 200 years later, the doubters want to deny it much as the Islamists want to deny the Holocaust.   Is the event too far in the past?

Some say these "protesters" hate America.  I don't believe it.  I believe these "protesters" simply are uneducated.  Education has nothing to do with what we learn in school, but rather what we learn in family units.  How to be polite,  How to interact with others.  How to meditate and contemplate.  How to accept responsibility for one's actions.  How to respect  What to respect.  How to become self-controlling.

Just some thoughts.

-30-




No comments:

Post a Comment