Tuesday, December 25, 2018

What a Wonderful Time to be Alive

Merry Christmas!

I think this is one of the greatest times to be alive when the prophecies of the 2nd coming are becoming more and more evident.  It seems to me that there are some similarities between the advent of the birth of Jesus and the advent of His 2nd Coming.

The individuals who were familiar with ancient prophecies (and not just those found in the Old Testament) were anxiously awaiting the coming of the Messiah.  These people were not all Jewish or even of the House of Israel.  Some of them were Persian.  Prophets had been preaching of this great event for generations in both the old world and also on the American Continent.

Even though prophets of told of the coming of Christ, they were ridiculed, cursed, tortured, and even put to death for their prophecies. And yet, even through all this persecution, the plan of our Heavenly Father could not be thwarted.  Jesus was born.  That event could not be stopped.  Who, in those days, would have thought that the birth of a baby would have ushered in such a great flurry of persecution, violence, and wars because of the hardness of the hearts of man.

We see similarities today.  Christians are ridiculed, cursed, persecuted, tortured, and even put to death for having the temerity to express fealty to He that Christians worship. Ridicule is abundant even at the hands of political leaders world wide.

I affirm my fealty to my Heavenly Father and to His Holy Son, Jesus Christ.  I love them, I honor them, and I am grateful for the great plan that provided a way for Heavenly Father's sons and daughters to return to him through faith, repentance, Baptism, and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost as taught in the restored Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am grateful for the covenants and ordinances available to Heavenly Father's children in his holy temples.

I know that God, our Heavenly Father lives.  I know that Jesus Christ is His Only Begotten Son.  I know that Jesus Christ has called Prophets and Apostles in our own time who communicate His will to His children.  I am pleased to follow that Prophet and those Apostles.  I am pleased to have received a calling, along with my Princess Bride, to go out into the world and invite others to come unto Christ.

I know that the events that usher in the 2nd Coming of the Son of God are coming to pass even today.  I don't know how long it will be, but I do know He is coming.  I see and recognize the signs given by ancient and current prophets.

I wish for all to see, understand, and gratefully await His coming.

Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment