Sunday, February 13, 2011

It's a wonderful life

This is a wonderful, exhausting, productive, spiritual day today. 

We witnessed one of my youngest sons as he married his sweetheart.  One of the things they were told was to listen to the lyrics of the song, "Little Things Mean a Lot".  It's been years since I have heard that song, but the advise is good.  Little things do mean a lot.  If the little things are taken care of the big things will take care of themselves.

I am grateful that my son has chosen to covenant with his sweetheart for time and all eternity.  They didn't covenant until death, or until they change their mind, or until marriage becomes inconvenient, or until something better comes along, but for eternity.  What a wonderful covenant.  This is a long term commitment.  There is nothing instantaneous about eternity.  It takes far more consideration to plan for eternity, than it does to plan for a one night stand. 

I wish more people would consider making such a commitment.  My bride and I did so nearly 38 years ago.  We have never even considered shortening our covenant.  We are committed to working out our problems.  We love each other more now than we ever even knew was possible 38 years ago.  Love is a continuing project and it gets better with each year behind us.

I wish everyone had a relationship as do my bride and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment