Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Holiest Holiday

Tomorrow we celebrate the holiest day the world has ever known.  We will celebrate the resurrection of the Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth, or Jesus the Christ.  The world largely does not understand the importance of the events surrounding the rising of my Lord and Master.  He suffered the complete withdrawal of the Spirit of God in order to experience ALL of the pain, anguish, sins, misdeeds, disease, and evil the world has ever known or ever will ever know.  He was not anxious to do it, but He did it willingly because there was no other way to offer salvation and exaltation to His own brothers and sisters, you and I and everyone that ever has/does/will live on this world or any of the other worlds Heavenly Father has created through his Son.

What an enormous sacrifice!  It is hard to understand just how this event worked to cleanse all of us of sin if we are willing to repent.  It isn't hard to understand, though, that He loves His brothers and sisters enough to do vicarious work for us.  We are offered the opportunity to do vicarious work for our own ancestors and their families.  We have only to prepare and do.

For myself, I love knowing that the great Jehovah presented himself as a little child who grew up knowing what his future would bring.  I love knowing that He did it to fulfill all righteousness and to offer us the opportunity to do likewise.  I love knowing that He broke the bands of death and now resurrection or salvation is available to all of us.  It is a free gift He has given to us.  I love knowing that He has shown us the avenue of earning our position in the post-death existence by living righteously, extending service to our fellow men, and doing work for others that they cannot do for themselves.

I love knowing that Heavenly Father and his Son, Jehova/Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are interested in us individually and personally.  I love knowing that the Father and the Son are physical personages and that we are created expressly in their image and likeness.

I love knowing that Jesus Christ has called a Prophet to whom he communicates currently.  I know that Prophet to be Russell M. Nelson.  I hope each of you will come to the same understanding and knowledge that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment