Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Little Personal News

Yesterday my Princess Bride and I attended the temple in St. George to take care of a little business for some of our dead ancestors.  We were to have met our son there, but he contacted us early in the morning to report that his wife was in labor and would soon give birth to our 18th blood descendant, and 23rd claimed descendant.

We have 7 natural children and 2 semi-adopted children and now 11 natural grandchildren and 3 semi-adopted grandchildren and hopefully our family will continue to grow. 

What a marvel this life has turned out to be.  I wonder if, in the pre-earth life, any of us had any idea how interesting our lives would be.  When I witnessed the birth of our first-born it brought tears to my eyes. It was such an emotional and spiritual event that I was overcome.  What joy this child brought (and still brings) into our lives.  Has she always made decisions that I approved of?  Nope, but we love her still and will continue to love her.  She is supportive of us in our aging process and is careful of our needs and desires.

As I watched each of our children being born I had similar experiences.  Each brought tears of emotion and joy.  Each brought a spiritual experience to me.  I noted that each brought a little different character into our lives.  Some of our children are exuberant, outgoing, and fun loving people.  Some of them are introverted, quiet and somber.  Some are moody, and some have an even "keel".  Each is an individual, and each enriches our lives.  Each one has unique talents, and each has their own sense of humor.  What a variety!  Each is an honorable member of society.  We have a stay-at-home mom (wow! what a job), a computer geek, a Home-care provider/late-entry University student, a warehouseman, a military man, and a food service manager/University student.  

We have found joy in each of our grandchildren as they have been born.  Again each one is an individual.  We love them all.  We think we have the full spectrum already, but I'll bet that we'll find that each new grandchild or great grandchild (if/when) will be unique also.  That is what makes our lives interesting.  We have to learn to interface with each one of them. 

On a side note:

A couple of years ago I wrote a piece regarding our grandson, Logan, who is autistic.  What great progress he has made!  His mother is a Princess (had to be...she's MY daughter, after all) among women.  She has instincts that are needed to figure out Logan.  And what a marvel he is.  He loves life and now is not intimidated by me any more.  He is nearing 5 years old now and is smart as can be.  It will be interesting to watch him grow into adulthood. 

I don't mean to say that she is better than any of my other children, just that her talents prepared her for the lot in life that has come her way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment