Sunday, May 12, 2013

Among The Things My Mother Taught Me....

 My mother taught me that honesty is the best policy.  She taught me that telling the truth, no matter the consequence, will advance my life much more than nearly every other trait I could foster.

She also taught me to stand up for what I believe even if it isn't popular.

I imagine most mothers teach their children similarly.

The mothers of those who serve in the White House must be shaking their heads, thinking "Shame, shame, shame" like most of us. 

Why lie when the truth will do?  The lie just exacerbates the problem because now they have two (or twelve) things to deal with.  It is hard to remember which lie was told to which person.  Why not tell the truth.  It is much easier to remember and it doesn't require a fictional memory.

Oh, oh.  I forgot.  It is much easier to say, "I don't remember", or "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is." 

We haven't seen much honesty in the White House in a very long time.  I've been voting for over 40 years now and I believe this president is cut from the same larcenist cloth as LBJ.  I didn't think I would ever see the day where we would have a president that was more crooked than LBJ, but I believe an even worse president has been elected.  I don't know if his mother taught him to lie, but I doubt it.  So where did he learn it?  From Bill Ayers?  From Jeremiah Wright?  From Hillary Clinton (she's a black belt liar)?

I wonder when/if we will ever have an honest president in my lifetime.  I'm betting against it because the public plain doesn't want to know the truth.  The public appears to want a president that presents a pretty picture, but doesn't want to know how bad our nation's condition has become.

I had high hopes in the last election, but it never happened.


No comments:

Post a Comment