Saturday, March 12, 2011

The end of the world?

Wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes, floods, disease are all mentioned in the Bible as prophesies pointing to the end of times.  We've always had these things, but it seems to me that we are experiencing them more and more often than did our ancestors.  Or perhaps we know about them more because of the "information highway".

My heart aches for the people of Japan, who are hurting today because of the devastation caused by earthquake, tsunami, and resulting damage to nuclear reactors.

My heart also aches for the peoples of the middle east where lives are being devastated by uprisings, terror, oppressive political/religious leaders, self hate and envy.  

My heart aches for the people of China who are not free to make personal choices.  

My heart aches for those who seek spiritual calm in the midst of chaos.

My heart aches for those who think hate and terror will resolve the issues that face the world today.

My heart aches for those who think personal wealth and political control will make them better people.

Mostly my heart just aches for the condition of civilization today. 

enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment