Thursday, November 25, 2010

We have much for which to be thankful

Today is Thanksgiving.  We have much that makes our lives worthwhile.  I am thankful for the Pilgrims that came to this land to escape the conditions in Europe nearly 500 years ago.  I am thankful for the founders of our great nation, who wrote 2 divinely inspired documents.  I am thankful for the drafters and signers of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States of America.  I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father, who watches over those who are willing to follow His Son, Jesus Christ.  I am thankful for the atonement that permits me to return to Heavenly Father's presence.  I am thankful for a church that helps me to learn of Him and learn to follow Him.  I am thankful for my family.  I am thankful for the love that my family has for one another, and for others in our realm of influence.  I am thankful for wonderful friends and neighbors who look out for us.  I am thankful for the marvels of modern medicine.  I am thankful for modern technology that permits me to post this message. 

Mostly, I am just thankful.  I'll return to my political rant tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You REALLY need a "like" button.. or a thumbs up button or something... ditto everything, btw.

    ReplyDelete