Saturday, July 9, 2011

News I can use

Well.....Thangs ain't always what they seem, I guess.

When I went to the Doctor on Wednesday, the nurse took 6 vials of blood.  The tests to be done were cholesterol, minerals, hormones, and other things.  My Doctor called me yesterday to give me the results.

Mildly high cholesterol
marginal on several minerals, but..
Low on thyroid. 

The light came on!  Hypo-thyroid can cause obesity (that'd be me), fatigue (that'd me me too), dry brittle nails (another one), thought process problems, bowel problems, depression, irritability, among other things.  All are symptoms I've been having. 

It doesn't explain my painful lower extremities or the headaches, or the muscular problems in my hands, though, so there is more going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment