Friday, July 22, 2011

The torture tube (part 2)

So since we didn't get all the torture done the first time I confronted the torture tube, the doctor decided I needed to go back for some more.  Evidently I didn't howl long or hard enough because I had to go  back.  This time I was sent to a different facility to engage the enemy.  The doctor must have known my situation because he ordered 15 mg of Valium instead of the normal 5 mg. 

I was nervous about taking that much Valium, so I only took two 5 mg tabs about 1'15" before going to face the dragon.  About 30 minutes later I was floating above the ground pretty well and my adopted daughter insisted she drive me to the hospital.  When I got there I thought I was pretty funny.

Receptionist:  "Could you give me your name?"

Me:  "I'm just me."

Receptionist:  "Would you tell me exactly who 'me' is?"

Me:  "Mrs. Black's son."

Receptionist (who was beginning to seem a little grim):  "I need your name and birthday!"

Me:  "Oh"

and then I gave her what she wanted.  In the mean time, I was laughing hysterically because I thought I was so funny.

Then they took me into a little room and told me to change out of my clothing into that modest gown that hospitals use so I could get into the MRI machine.  By this time I was pretty much out in space mentally.  I did get changed and went out into the waiting area.  The tech came and got me.  When we got into the room where the machine is, he told me:  "this machine is a little smaller than the one you used last week". 

"WHAT?" I exclaimed.  "You have got to be kidding!"

"Nope," he said.  "Not only that, it is much louder too."

Oh boy.  This was going to be a disaster.  Even though I was in  drug induced flight, I knew this was not going to be good.

I got on the sled and went into the machine without too much trouble, but it was kind of like trying to stuff 3 lbs of hamburger into a 1 lb package.  I was only inside for 13 minutes, so it wasn't real bad.

After it was all over and the tech sent me back to the dressing room, it took quite a while for me to find which way to put my trousers on.  I couldn't find the waist so I could put my legs in.  Then my shirt was upside down and I had trouble getting it on.  I did wind up getting dressed, but after looking in the mirror, I noticed that my shirt buttons were in the wrong holes, so had to do it over again.

When I finally got myself together and out into the waiting room again, I called my adopted daughter to come fetch me.  I sat there waiting for her.  A few minutes later I heard this AWFUL noise.  I looked around to see from whence it came and didn't see any obvious source so I asked the receptionist what was making that terrible noise.

She looked at me incredulously and said........."YOU WERE SNORING!"

I had to leave the area because I was so embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment